Home

Ladies & gentlemen, tragedies happen every day & our dear media chooses what gets published. They decide what gets them the TRP's. Unfortunately, we are the slaves to the TRP's. Now, I'm no sassy reporter bringing you the fresh scoop. I'm going to try & not pour too much emotion into this post. Blame the heart, not me.

Picked up a newspaper lately? Surely, the game of thrones is not the only watercooler discussion you are having in the office. Have you read any paper that doesn't carry some sort of remorse? (Bombay Times doesn't count). For real though, there are accidents, deaths, botched surgeries and then there's a pandemic every 5-8 years. There's death and then there's life. You celebrate life. Actually, you don't! You know who does though? Cancer patients. Cancer patients do! That brings me to the title of my post. Home. It's the safest place these days. It is your heaven, your cave, your attachment to anything safe. With all the forsaken Airplane tragedies, Terrorism, Kidnappings, Rape encounters, Honor killings, you just don't know what you're going to expect these days. Today you're enjoying a delicious breakfast at home with your loved ones and tomorrow you're dead? Maybe? I don't know. Yikes, I don't mean to sound so pessimistic. Why is it so difficult to express your freedom? How is killing in the name of religion justified? But they say terrorism doesn't have a religion. Debatable for another topic or day. Also, why do good things happen to bad people? Why do the good die young? You wait for this to all fade away, empty jars to hold this shitstorm but nothing is ever fulfilled. 

It has got me thinking. Life needs to be celebrated.. enjoyed. I'm not saying like literally cling to it like it is the last thing on earth.  For me, every time I insert the key in my door and turn it to the right, (home)it's where I'm safest and the happiest. I have entered my domain. I'm untouchable (not really, apart from the constant nags from the beloved mum). There's comfort, love, food, &more importantly your bed (no matter how small or big).

Making love is a part of love.  Whether you are receiving it, giving it, it's what people secretly want. It's what everyone wants. It's not unity, peace, religion that brings people together in trying times or in joyous times. It's Love. I swear. Love is the only poison that is consumable. You can't buy it off the counter nor do you need a prescription for it. 

*This post is dedicated to *insert future tragedy/pandemic. Hope you find warmth in this post*


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such an apt thing....HOME is the only safe place today I agree with you....btw why haven't you been writing lately.....please don't stop writing....waiting for your next update!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was such an apt thing....HOME is the only safe place today I agree with you....btw why haven't you been writing lately.....please don't stop writing....waiting for your next update!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Metallica - De-Virginised

Reflect & Receive