Metallica - De-Virginised


- The journey, The end of it all - 

Heard of the term "virgin" (No offense to any of the virgins out there). But have you heard of the term "concert virgin"? That's me. He-he.  I have never ever been to a concert in my life(no I'm not the most boring guy out there). I wasn't even ready to go for one. To be honest, I wasn't willing to spend over 7 Geeba G's for a bus ticket & a Metallica concert ticket. 

MURPHY'S LAW - I booked the bus tickets, and SURPRISE SURPRISE - NO concert tickets :( This wasn't any ordinary bus, It was a bus filled with metalheads & nerds. It was one of these special busses for die-hard Metallica fans. Advantages of it? Unlimited booze + Metallica fan heads + a karaoke Metallica session on the bus. Sure, that's how i'd like to roll on some days but maybe a nice peaceful bus ride would have been alright too.  
It is at this very moment that I was raging hard with excitement, but to my bad luck, I couldn't secure 2 tickets for me and my friend. Short story long, I pleaded, I begged, I cried,  & my prayers were answered by Jesus & the Metallica Gods themselves. Some idiots from Pune couldn't make it & so he ended up giving me his tickets (I paid) for the concerts. Hallejuiah.

BUS BUS BUS - So my friend & I picked up another friend & then we proceeded to pick up another and then another(this goes on) & finally met another friend of theirs and headed to the pickup point. (sounds like a prostitution racket). The bus was originally scheduled for 9 30 but ended up starting around 10 30. (Indian standard time). We somehow got unlucky and landed in bus 2 instead of bus 1. The journey was alright but not without hiccups & pee stops, food breaks, & other shit(literally). So what was originally supposed to be a 16-hour ride turned out to be a  massive 28-hour ride. (hooray for more pee-stop & breaks)

VENUE VENUE VENUE - We landed at the venue all sweaty and tired. We began to wait in line. It was about 12 pm now and the gates were supposed to open at 3. The crowds were getting restless & MIKE TYSON the sweaty bouncer along with his other henchmen weren't letting everyone in. After scuffling we made our way through security check 1 & then 2.From there another 1-hour wait. Little then firang bouncers know that Indians are experts in waiting. Then finally as we passed security check 2 we ran like deers being chased by lions to secure the frontline so we all could see Metallica as close as possible.

SAFETY FIRST SAFETY FIRST SAFETY FIRST - After securing our place as close to the stage as possible, we were treated to some bald firangi (foreigner) who wouldn't start the concert unless we obeyed his orders. Honestly felt more like a concentration camp waiting for our turn to be executed. He kept screaming - SAFETY FIRST (Hey, this isn't a condom ad, baldy! We were treated to 3 opening bands. BIFFY CLYRO who were amaze sauce imo. They aren't new, they are a Scottish band and pretty famous and have a really really big fan following. Watch their live concerts on youtube

GOD GOD GOD - Then the gods of metal came out, FUCKING INSANE. 30 years, yes 30 years we waited for this. Metallica came out in full swing and kicked ass.  The fans went ballistic. Truly an epic moment. They played 18 songs in total  &ending it with the most epic song "SEEK AND DESTROY". Metallica is one of the only few bands which can get 3 generations to come and rock out. That means you can see a grandfather, father & his son, as young as 10 rocking and headbanging together at a rock concert. If a picture had to describe what I just said then please see the one attached. 




Souvenir from Trujello & KirK


Comments

  1. You cannot stop yourself from adding humour to anything and everything, can you? BTW even I haven't been to any concert though!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Home

How To Survive - Lesson 1 (Get THT IPOD) :)